Skip over navigation
The Muskegon Museum of Art will host a beer, food, and ar More...
The Muskegon Museum of Art announces that Avian Avatars, More...
The Art of the Brick®, an exhibition featuring More...
Saturday, April 18
Wednesday, April 22
Thursday, April 23
Saturday, May 11
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Free Family Fun Day
Join the Muskegon Museum of Art and the Lakeshore Museum Center to learn about pioneer life on the prairie with fun activities at both museums! Enjoy free admission, films, tours, and craft workshops on 2nd Saturdays of the month. Underwritten by MMA Education Partner: Alcoa Foundation/Howmet.
11:00 am – 2:00 pm Activity Stations
Participate in four activities, earning a stamp for each activity. You will then be eligible to enter a drawing to win a mini Kirsten American Girl® doll and additional American Girl doll DVDs and books. The winning entry will be drawn at 2:30 pm at the Muskegon Museum of Art. Activity stations will be open at both museums throughout the day.
Muskegon Museum of Art
· Make & Take: Quilts not only kept pioneers warm; quilting also became an artistic outlet. Design and assemble your own paper quilt square.
· Tours: Check out Answering the Horn by Winslow Homer, a favorite MMA painting that depicts life on the prairie.
· 10:00 am & 12:00 pm Film: Watch The Girls of Little House on the Prairie: Prairie Friends on the big screen in the MMA’s auditorium. Learn how the Ingalls sisters build friendships, experience kindness, and face challenges together on the prairie. (140 mins.)
Lakeshore Museum Center (430 West Clay)
· Learn & Do: Learn about spinning, a pioneer pastime and survival must. Card wool, try your hand at a drop spindle, and watch a spinning wheel in action.
· Games: Play fun pioneer games such as ball-in-cup, marbles, and pick-up sticks.
2:30 pm Drawing at the MMA
See who wins the mini Kirsten American Girl® doll and additional American Girl doll DVDs and books. Must be present to win.