The MMA Gift Store is a unique retail choice in Muskegon’s downtown neighborhood, Our gift shop offers a wide variety of items that feature masterpieces from the permanent collection, including magnets, mugs, posters, postcards, and purses. Our selection of original artworks and fine crafts by regional artists includes jewelry, paintings, prints, personal accessories, studio glass, pottery, and more. This array of consignment items changes regularly. We carry a variety of children’s gift items, including books and Melissa and Doug activity kits.
Finely Crafted for Holiday Gifting by Michigan Artists
• Jewelry and mosaic pots by Marlan Cotner
• Merino wool felt hats by Dawn Edwards
• Jingle bell porcelain birds by Nancy Payne
• Ceramic beer growlers, howlers, and beer mugs by Shay Church
• New collection of jewelry in semi-precious stones, sterling, and gold by Victoria Luyendyke
• Hand woven items by Pam Morton
• Crystalline glazed ceramic lamps by Carl Giacobone
• Hand painted ornaments by Jane Stroschin
…and many more!
Finding Common Ground
- I, Too, Am America by Langston Hughes (Author) and Bryan Collier (Illustrator)
- Uptown by Bryan Collier
- Dave the Potter: Artist, Poet, Slave by Laban Carrick Hill (Author) and Bryan Collier (Illustrator)
- Fifty Cents and a Dream: Young Booker T. Washington by Jabari Asim
PICTURES OF THE BEST KIND
The First Century of the Muskegon Museum of Art
By Marilyn Verduin Andersen
This limited edition full-color coffee table book tells the story of the Muskegon Museum of Art from its earliest days to its present time. Its informative and richly illustrated pages celebrate the Museum’s Centennial with a lively and informative story of the challenges and triumphs of 11 directors’ administrations, as well as the works of art and programs that distinguished their tenures.
Pictures of the Best Kind Index
A printed index to Pictures of the Best Kind: The First Century of the Muskegon Museum of Art is now available. The index costs $5 and comes in a presentation folder. Frances F. Fisher compiled the index, putting over 1,000 hours of work into this project. Pictures of the Best Kind is still available in the Gift Store at a sale price of $50, which includes the new index. This beautiful 400-page, hardcover coffee table book is fully illustrated and was entirely produced in West Michigan.
Available at the Museum Gift Store
For shipped deliveries, please call (231) 720.2580.
Tax, shipping, and delivery cost will be added.